Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Update


Charlie is much better. I'm still a bit worried about what we'll hear from the cardiologist on the 22nd... but for the first time since his diabetes diagnosis 10 years ago, Charlie has gotten his glucose under control. I can't put into words how proud I am of him.

Things are very weird these days. I can remember thinking that at some point on the future, DID would not in any way be a part of my daily life. The way things are right now, it will be part of our lives for a very long time. That didn't come out right... but I'm too mentally and physically exhausted to explain it so it doesn't sound like I'm complaining. It's not a negative thing. I'm simply dealing with it coming from a new direction.

One of the projects is getting the house under control I'm happy to report it is actually progressing. We may not end up on an episode of Hoarders after all!

Building a pen this week so we can have more ducks and chickens. Decided it's worth the money to order ducks I know are female... so maybe next fall/winter we'll have ducklings. Also, wondering if it would be possible to convince the neighbors a pair of miniature sheep are just weird looking poodles...

The kids are all doing well. The grand babies are growing too fast and 3 days off simply doesn't seem enough to catch up on all the family time I want.

I've found that reading through old writing as I post to The Crew diary is mentally draining enough to kill inspiration for current writing. So tonight, I'm scheduling entries for the other diary and tomorrow, I plan to kick butt on some Tara entries.

For now... sleep.