Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Who has been the biggest influence in your life? What did they do to impact you so deeply?

I've waited to answer this question. I'm hesitant to get all mushy... but there's no way to write this an not get all slobbery and effusive.
The person who has had the biggest impact on my life is Charlie. He's my best friend, my hero, the man who introduced me to the concept of a truly personal relationship with Jesus. He showed me how Jesus can change a life. He taught me what unconditional love is. He taught me to find laughter in the absurd and in the things people wouldn't usually laugh about. He taught me to find joy and is the reason I fought so hard to become an optimist.
He's an incredible father. He's still a huge influence on the lives of his kids and every one of his daughter's still calls him "Daddy". The card they gave him the Sunday had us both in tears.
He's going to be an incredible grandpa. Just today he was talking about his expectation that he will be the designated snuggler.
I so love that man.
He's the most gentle, loving cynic I've ever met. He's got a razor sharp wit and the biggest, loving heart I've ever known. I cannot imagine a moment of my life without him
We've had an awesome ride in our 24 years together and I look forward to, I hope, another 24 or more. I dream about a Golden Anniversary.
Yeah he's my hero.
My geek in tennis shoes.
I don't think anyone will ever compare to him.

Ask me anything