Wednesday, June 23, 2010

If you could go back in time 10 years and tell your younger self something, what would it be?

In a word, I'd tell my self to fight. If I could tell myself in that time when The Crew was hiding and I felt my life would never get better, it would be to keep fighting and hold on. People make mistakes but it wasn't intentional and I'm strong enough to get past it and heal. I'd tell myself The Crew would come back when they are ready and that it's okay to trust the treatment team... they'd be the ones to get me there. I'd tell myself recovery is possible and 10 years isn't really as long as it seems. I'd tell myself the kids and Charlie would be okay and we'd continue to grow as a family and have grandchildren to look forward to.
I'd tell myself to hang on.

Ask me anything