Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"Fine then, God. Be that way."

Sitting in the sound room, working at my desk and listening to the Wednesday night teaching. (Not a sit still kind of person) The pastor brought up some of the hierarchical thinking that exists in many churches... the attitudes about office, power, etc... and then in reference to our own church leadership said "They are still trying to unlearn the flawed thinking they were brought up with. They are learning. We must be patient and willing to wait."
It's a good thing I wasn't out among the congregation... because I heard the words, felt a little spiritual slap on the back of the head and growled, "Fine then, God. Be that way."
Charlie just cracked up laughing.
When the bible says for wives to submit to their husbands, I'm pretty sure that means I'm not supposed to beat him with a big stick at church.