Saturday, February 13, 2010

*face palm*

John showed me the valentine's gift he picked out for his girlfriend. He's been at us all week to take him shopping for her so Dad took him out yesterday afternoon.

This morning when he showed me the heart-shaped necklace and earrings he chose I asked him if 12 wasn't a little young to be buying jewelry for a girl. He just rolled his eyes. "I've already given her a ring that Daniel found and gave me so I could give her something. I know I'm three years younger than Daniel, but you know I'm gonna do stuff earlier anyway."
Clearly, it's time for The Talk.
"So Emily is officially your girlfriend? How long has this been going on?"
"Oh, about 13 weeks."
Three months? Are you freaking kidding me?
"So, um... do you know the actual date this took place?"
"Nah, she keeps track of that stuff."

Yeah, he's a guy.